Processing aid and dispersing agent
Processing Aid: High Flow
High Flow is a dispersing agent and flow agent in granule form. It can be used for most rubber polymers. It is well suited for the production
of compounds on Rubber Mills and in Internal Mixer. It helps to improve fillers and facilitates further processing on calendaring
machine and in process flow behavior for molded goods
A combination of various Fatty Acid Salts
|– Appearance |
– Ash Content
– Storage Stability
|White Yellowish Granule|
5 % Max.
0.5 – 2 phr.
Min 1 years (Under normal storage condition).
It can be added about 0.5 – 2 phr, depend on the hardness of the rubber, higher
hardness need higher dosage of HighFlow, and lower hardness need lower
dosage. more than 4 phr is not advisable.
When it is added in the early mixing cycle, High-Flow has the maximum effect on
dispersion. But when it is added late in the mixing cycle, High-Flow improves
forming characteristic such as extrusion, calendering, mold flow and mold release.
For Sulphur curing system, it is also can help to give better dispersion for sulphur
addition, when HighFlow added together with the sulphur in the sulphur adding
stage, this will resulted better physical properties because better Sulphur ispersion.
Packaging: 25 Kgs / Bag.
Dual function material make you less stock items as follow:
– Dispersing agent function will dominate if you put HIGH FLOW in the first stage of mixing
– Flow-aid function will dominate if you put it in compound B stage of mixing
Pictures of High Flow
Processing Aid use:
COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Chemical characterization: A combination of various Fatty Acid Salts.
Composition: CAS No: Concentration:
– Sodium Octadecanoate 822-16-2 30 – 50 %
– Sodium Pentadecanecarboxylate 159258-35-2 20 – 40 %
– Zinc Octadecanoate 8028-87-3 10 – 20 %
– Water 7732-18-5 5 – 15 %
– Ingredients are Non-Hazardous (based on supplier’s MSDS) as compounded, when the product is used as directed.
– Listed Carcinogen according to OSHA : None.
– Skin contact : Product may cause irritation, but is not corrosive.
Eye contact : Product may cause irritation, but is not corrosive.
Inhalation : Mists of the product may cause respiratory irritation.
Ingestion : No adverse effects expected. Do not ingest.
– Chronic Effects : A review of literature does not show obvious long term hazard.
– Other Hazards : Not Applicable.
FIRST AID MEASURES
Skin contact : Wash immediately with water.
Eye contact : Rinse thoroughly with water, consult with doctor.
Ingestion : Rinse mouth with water, drink plenty of water, and consult with doctor.
FIRE FIGHTING MEASURES
Extinguishing media – Suitable : CO2, Dry Powder, Foam.
Extinguishing media – Not Suitable : Water.
ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
Method for cleaning up / collecting : take up mechanically.
HANDLING AND STORANGE
Information about protection against explosion and fires:
– Keep away from sources of ignition Further information about storage condition:
– Container of product closed when not in use.
– Do not add any additive ingredients to the product.
EXPOSURE CONTROLS / PERSONAL PROTECTION
Skin protection : Wear rubber gloves.
Eye protection : Wear protecting glass.
Body protection : Wear appropriates clothing to avoid skin contact.
PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
Max 5 % by weight
9 – 11
STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Condition to Avoid : Avoid contact with strong oxidizing agents
Incompatibles : Strong oxidizing agents
Decomposition Product : Carbon, Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide
Hazardous Polymerization : Will not occur
A health risk is not known.
Biodegradable in low concentration.
In accordance with the local and state regulations.
The product does not constitute a hazardous material in road, rail, sea and air
Competitors and Market
– Rhein Chemie selss Struktol grades:
– Ketlitz sells Dispergator FL
– Bayer sells Aflux grades
– Ultra flow from Malaysia